Reviving your AUSPEN markers
Dear valued customers,
We want all our customers to benefit from their purchase by reviving a marker that may have dried out.
There have been many cases when the marker stops performing properly, or stops absorbing ink refills.
We wanted to share a method, which we have tested that will revive your dried out markers.
These steps are as follows:
1. You may gently take apart the pen by unscrewing the nib holder from the barrel, as if refilling ink.
2. Once the pen is taken apart, you will see a cotton like reservoir, which holds the ink inside the barrel.
3. You may take the reservoir out with tweezers, or simply turn the barrel upside down to retrieve the reservoir.
4. Once you have separated the reservoir, take it over to a sink and run warm water through it. You should notice that tiny bits of color should start flowing out. You may continue to run warm water through it while you use the "pinch technique." This creates space to allow water to flow through and remove ink blockage.
5. Once you have removed the desired amount of old ink(Please note this will not remove all color.) You must dry the reservoir before reinserting it into the barrel/marker.
6. You can pinch from one end keeping pressure as you move down the reservoir to remove excess water.
We recommend a paper towel to prevent any staining to a wash clothe.
7. (Once dried) You may now reinsert the reservoir into the barrel. Then you may begin the re-inking process. You should notice that the reservoir is more absorbent and has a larger refill capacity, which extends the life of your marker.
We want to hear from you if you have any questions or feedback on this process.
We hope this helps and we value your continued business.